Followers

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer Postcard Blog Hop


I have taken part in a Summer Postcard Blog Hop. Several of us have sent Home themed stitched pieces to Jo and she has sent them to different ones taking part. I received a very pretty Bless This home by Evalina and here is it with her story. You can go to Jo's blog and see the list of all that is taking part.


Here is your postcard in the Blog Hop, it's from Evalina of  http://evalinamaria.blogspot.co.uk/
Attached is a photo of a piece I'd already stitched in December of 2010. Freddy went to Ontario for couple of weeks in October and in December I was threatening him that if he would not come home for Christmas he can stay in Ontario forever. He came home on Christmas Eve... in 2010 we had a cold winter and I missed him... The whole time I stitched Bless This House I was thinking of him and a lovely home in a warmer climate. I'm still in the north and still dreaming about warmer weather..."
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Mom E. said...

Joyce,
this is gorgeous! Your story reminds me of a stitchery project I did for my hubby. after stitching for 36 years, It became the only piece of cross stitch that I completely ruined! I somehow got the threads pulled too tightly in one area and it is such a large area, I got bogged down and frustrated sas I tried to get it all out to re do. I have yet to begin it again...but I thought of him all the while I worked on it. I needed to have a larger stretch for it. It was really too large for the hoop I was using. I will use my stretcher bars when I attempt it again.

This also reminds me of a Delft Blue look Sampler about Mother that was in Cross stitch and country Crafts years ago. I stitched the verse section of it and put it on a pillow for my own mother. I have a picture of it on my own blog : http://betsysheartstrings.blogspot.com/2013/03/memories-tug-at-my-heartstrings.html if you want to take a look at it. I have love stitching, but haven't done as much as I used to do. But I still LOVE to look at others stitchery...so much love went into that piece. Do you find that because you stitch, no one will stitch for you? that is what has happened with me. I get cross stitch patterns as gifts, they say "Oh, you will be able to stitch it so much better than I will, so I just gave you the pattern....." makes me want to ry and say, "But I will appreciate yours so much more than anyone else will!"
It's funny!
hearts to you,
Betsy

Lili said...

Hello!!!
Lovely "postcard"!!
I received your postcard ;)

Take care,
Lili

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Blog Hop.

I have just posted the final three pictures from the three people who submitted two entries! Such beautiful stitching.